Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week 1, Thing 2

The 7 1/2 Habits tutorial laid out a clear plan to help us navigate the 23 Things.
1. Determine my goal.
2. Accept responsibility for my own learning.
3. View problems as challenges and see obstacles as opportunities.
4. Have confidence in myself as a competent and effective learner.
5. Create a learning toolbox.
6. Use the technology.
7. Teach and mentor others.
7 1/2. PLAY.

The easiest part for me is likely to be number 4. I have great confidence in myself as a person and know that I will be able to work through the 23 Things effectively. The hardest part is going to using the technology. Not because the technology is difficult or confusing, but because I am busy. Remember my husband and three young kids. When is there time to play on the web?

This brings me to my Learning Contract.
Goal:
To complete the 23 Things by the end of August and when appropriate introduce new technology to customers and friends each week.
Obstacles:
Time- make a schedule
Toolbox:
Digital camera, headphones, planner, high speed internet access, computer, etc.
Path to Goal:

Check in:


Jackie Cassidy

1 comment:

Alan Zuckerman said...

Keep in mind that lifelong learning is not a contract on a piece of paper, but a mindset. With the mindset, one may not even need the (cyber)paper.