Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thing #23 Reflections


If Web 2.0 is a user driven and created knowledge base, then Library 2.0, its derivative, embraces this user-centric model by encouraging participation and adopting a strategy for constant change. The 23 Things and Technology Fair have given me a firm foundation for this Learning 2.0 process. As I've moved through the 23 Things, I have tried to find ways to incorporate them into HCPL. I have made several suggestions to staff and patrons. My favorites are: blogs (I have abandoned my web 1.0 family website for the web 2.0 blog), Delicious (Aberdeen Branch know has its own), mashups, Meebo, and Zoho. I have been surprised by how each of us take hold of different aspects of this learning process. Collabortively, I feel we have a diverse and growing understanding Library 2.0. I intend to continue down the path starting with Thing #24 Online File Conversion (Learning 2.1).

1 comment:

IrmBrown said...

Great job and congrats on finishing your 23 Things. You are truly "getting it." That's so cool! I look forward to what you may continue to share as you move forward.